Monday, July 14, 2008

4th of July

Dave loves taking pictures w/ our camera, but I've been waiting around for him to blog some of those awesome pictures and he's taking too long!

We spent the 4th of July morning and afternoon in Delta, UT--"The Best of the Best in the West", according to a shirt I had as a child. Also the place my Dad grew up and the hub of his side of the family. Partly because my Grandpa (a former Mayor of the town) still lives there.

We go every year for the parade and a picnic at Grandpa's afterwards. This year Brian and Mirien (my brother and his wife) and their children and Scott and Heather (same as last parentheses) and their baby, my sister and her husband, Krisi and Eddy, and my parents were there. We also were next to my cousin, Maria and her family. The kids love the parade for the candy and seeing cousins.
Aidan had some issues, though. He loves the color pink and decided he could not chase any candy unless it was pink. If anyone else picked up his pink candy he was inconsolable.
Scott and I had to get in on the action when the library float came by--they throw out books!

Alex hung out with grandma Church. After the parade, we all went to great grandpa Church's. He saw Alex for the first time. He could tell that Alex is a wonderful boy.

All the energetic people played a rousing game of frisbee.

The rest of us sat around.

That night we set off fireworks with just our family and our cousin, Grant. It was a great day.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Pink!?! Oh, boy...

Jenni said...

Wish we were there. Did they trow out popcicles like last year?